Thursday, October 7, 2010

Schedules are pain. (予定って面倒くさいや。)

...well, they're not, really, but when you set them for these non-essentials, and then start feeling guilt for not meeting them, they really are rather bothersome.

"Why Edo!" I hear you cry. "Why not just meet the schedule, then? It'll save you a lot of grief in the long run!"

...

Have I introduced you to this thing I have called a real life? In which I must work and take care of all my personal needs?

Yes.

The leftover time is often not sufficient to sit in front of my computer, conjure up a witty entry of sufficient length and then get it down into the internet before I am invariably off to the next, probably rather important, bullet point in the greater schedule that is my life.

So there.

For now, though, have a bit more of my cooking ventures to amuse and entertain you:


I call it.... Lemon Butter Caper Asparagus pasta.

Because that's exactly what it is.

And I am not one for false advertising.

Unfortunately, I underestimated the amount of pasta in the bag I had, and wound up with far too little sauce for my noodles. Alas.

The leftovers were slightly better, as they sat overnight in the fridge, soaking up the flavors, but still. I would have been better served by having a better grasp of what that bag of rotini would have looked like on my plate.

I hope you notice the aesthetic efforts I went to with those two little asparagus bits on top there, though.

Aaah, asparagus. One of the finer vegetables in this world...

All side effects aside.

I had the remainder of the bunch yesterday, steamed with salt, as part of my dinner, and it was just as tasty.

I really wish it wasn't so expensive/tiny/in massively short supply this time of year.

As a last little look into my life for the day:


I was thrilled and amazed to discover the other day that they DO, in fact, sell Listerine in Japan.

Oh, happy, happy day for my teeth.

Still don't sell Crest, but you can't win them all.

This is Edo, signing out with healthy teeth and fond asparagus memories.

PS- And of course, a very happy birthday to you, Grandma! How many of you bloggers out there can say that your grandmother is a loyal reader, eh?

No comments: