Monday, October 11, 2010

A little, late, but... (ちょっと遅くなっちゃったけど。。。)

Oh dear. Four days, huh?

... that's not just late, that's me missing a whole post cycle.

...well, in that case, you can just pretend that your browser has somehow eaten the last post, and that it is, in fact, actually there for the rest of the world to see, and it's only your access to the internet that is keeping you from the brilliance of two days ago.

Ah ha ha, don't you remember, when I said that witty thing, about that silly event? Oh, it was so clever. I can barely stand to recall.

... Ahem.

Although really, once again my poor posting habits are entirely due to matters outside my control.

Er. That is to say. They are matters within my control partly, it's just that the fact that I have no time remaining after said matters really is no fault of mine.

Because as I've said to you time and time again, my life, around this blog, it does not revolve.

I thought I would muck with syntax a bit to drive the point home.

Anyway, the reason that this is not merely a late post is that I spent all of yesterday (quite literally) in...

Wait for it...

OSAKA!



Land of the free, and home of the weird! ...as I dubbed it yesterday in a moment of wit and remnant Americanism while riding the Loop Line.

(Yes, I did mean to take my own pictures, but, well... you forget to do those things when you're not a tourist, ok?)


But yes, Osaka! My second favorite place in Japan, after Kyoto of course. Probably my number one when it comes to 雰囲気 (funiki, atmosphere) though. These people are hip and happening. I always give the example of walking down the street with my senpai at 3 am on Halloween night, and having everyone we passed by shout out "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" and wave.

Because that's the kind of place that Osaka is, guys.

Not to mention that 大阪弁 (Osaka-ben, Osaka dialect) is pretty much super-concentrated Kansai dialect, so that's always fun times when you're a little linguistic nerd like I am.

Anyway, I went to meet up with a friend who currently lives in Kyoto, so we could spend the day shopping and end it all with a fancy dinner to celebrate our new jobs.

I am very proud to say that I only bought these:



Which were, as expected, a little tight on my modestly sized (yet apparently still huge in Japan) feet:



and a rather cute earring tree, both at the 3 Coins Shop, and thus both a good bargain.

...the dinner, of course, was quite a bit pricier.

But hey, that's what we do when we're feeling classy in good company.

Per usual, it was a little sad to leave one of my old haunts and head back out into the uncharted wilds of Mie, but such is life, after all.

And now if you will excuse me, I am off to do my laundry, as real life has kept me away from more things than the internet.

This is Edo, signing off with sore shoulders, sore feet, and a lighter wallet, but a mind full of happy Kansai memories.

No comments: