Saturday, October 16, 2010

A bit more in-depth. (もうちょっと詳しく。)

I really wanted to keep my advertising campaign going, but...

Well.

Let's just say that I know my audience, and that my audience would be slightly less than thrilled if I suddenly changed the focus of this blog to things not me.

...egocentric as it sounds, I promise it's true.

Be that as it may, BUCK-TICK still plays a very relevant role in my life, you know.

For example, I have been listening to RAZZLE DAZZLE on repeat ever since getting it on Wednesday. After being originally somewhat nonplussed by the entire thing, it has begun to grow on me, and now I have 5-starred (the iTunes equivalent of saying that you love a song, for the laymen) three songs. The number may grow.

The eponymous RAZZLE DAZZLE, for instance, is quite catchy.



I admit, with that voice, Atsushi could probably sing about poo for five minutes and I would eventually come to enjoy the song.

Then again, it's not so much the lyrics I mind (because they're actually quite fun and catchy, for the most part.) It's more the fact that their last two albums had a very nice rock-like feel, and that's, frankly, what I was expecting from this one as well. Instead, it has more of a dance, techno feel, reminiscent of Sexy Stream Liner or Mona Lisa Overdrive.

Which, in itself, is not a bad thing.

I just needed to get over the shock of it.

(Also, I admit, I don't much care for the remixes of the two singles... but hey. It's because they gave me so long to fall in love with the originals. That one's on them.)

That said.

Three songs so far.

Like Django!!! -眩惑のジャンゴ- (Genwaku no django; dazzling django).



Don't ask me what a django is, because I have no clue. It can apparently be something related to programming in Python, any number of restaurants, a movie from 1966... take your pick. I'm not in a researching kind of mood at the moment. (Shocking, I know!)

I admit, part of what drew me to this song is the fact that it sounds suspiciously like Atsushi is saying "bippity boppity boo" during part of the chorus.

And then of course, there's my current number one, TANGO Swanka.



There was apparently some fun to be had in the naming of these songs.

Or simply some drinks in the stomach.

And hey, I'm not just being a blushing headbanging fangirl over here, this does relate to my immediate future in more ways than "it's what's on repeat in the car."

For I...

Am going to RAZZLE DAZZLE it up with Melon tomorrow in Nara.

And there's really just no better way to spend a weekend.

This is Edo, signing off with a bounce in her step and all those great pre-concert jitters in the stomach.

EDIT- It has been confirmed by both an internet search and Atsushi's emphasis of the line during the live: he is indeed saying "bippity boppity boo." (The fact that he spells it BIBBIDI-BOBBIDI-BOO is inconsequential.)

The live was incredible, as expected, by the way. Although, as always... much, much too short.

Melon and I came up with the idea of a BUCK-TICK festival. Like a regular weekend-long music festival, just... only BUCK-TICK. They have twenty-plus years of songs to work with, they could do it.

And man would I be first in line to buy tickets.

No comments: