Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A winter wonderland? (不思議の国の冬?)

Not for this desert-dweller.

Something about waking up to this scene on a Friday morning just didn't sit right in my brain.


Suffice it to say that I am completely taken aback by the presence of snow (in the air or on the ground) if I am not currently vacationing in some sort of ski-resort type locale.


I don't think we're in Arizona anymore, dear readers.

I suppose it did give me something to post about, though. Silver lining and all that.

Apparently, Japan in general has been blanketed in abnormal amounts of snow this weekend. In fact, yesterday saw most of the Kii peninsula jammed, delayed, and otherwise inconvenienced by the unexpected dump from the heavens.

It actually made those pictures up there look silly in comparison.

Unfortunately, I came home past dark, and thus was unable to take any photographs for your viewing pleasure.

And they say spring begins after setsubun (the third of February.) Ha.

This is Edo, signing off wondering why all this snow stuff has been romanticized to death when really, all it is is wet socks waiting to happen.

1 comment:

Japan Australia said...

Snow looks really nice when you are all warm and comfortable inside, but not much fun when you have to get through it. We had quite a bit of it in Gifu this weekend as well!!