Friday, October 22, 2010

Strange things in a strange land. (変な国に、変なもの。)

... except not really.

But sometimes we sacrifice accuracy for clever titles.

Which, really, is better than the other way around, don't you think?

Anyway, once again, I find myself somewhat strapped for expositional topics, and thus will fill this post with silly little pictures taken of small bits of my day-to-day life.

....and once again I fall into the timeless trap wherein the villain foolishly lays out his entire nefarious scheme for the hero before he can, in fact, complete it.

Drat.

Oh, well; at least in this setting, there's nothing that you, the hero, can do about it.

Allow me an evil chuckle. Moo ha ha.

Anyway, first things first. I promised you a picture of my BUCK-TICK goods, didn't I?


A handkerchief (which actually has more of a towel texture, making it a bit more useful in the long run, though you won't see me wiping my grubby hands on it) and two very nice wristbands that came as a packaged set. Note the lack of tote bag. Curse high demand and short supply!

I personally like the two-for-one wristband deal. Admittedly, two-for-1500 is a bit steep, but hey. Concert goods. What are you going to do.

I also like how they worked the skull in. Nice maintaining of the theme, guys.

Next... I never showed you that super-awesome earring tree I purchased during my excursion to Osaka, did I?



3 Coins is an amazing place.

That's right, I got this baby for 315 yen. It's nice, quality metal too. None of that aluminum nonsense.

...she says three days before it breaks. Oh, cynicism!

Goes with the decor though, eh? I especially like that it's literally a tree. Almost didn't buy it, but it was very cunningly placed in the shop (aka I had to stare at it while waiting in line to purchase my warm socks) and thus...

Oh you clever, clever marketing people.

Speaking of shopping...


I don't like yogurt. I think it tastes like poo, to be blunt. Thus, I take acidophilus supplements to keep my insides happy, healthy, and other good things starting with the letter h. (I think I abuse that joke...) However, I have not been doing this since coming to Japan, as I have not been able to find your average, run of the mill, acidophilus pills.

And so, sick of my stomach being unhappy, today I went out and found this.

It has a number of probiotics within, including my desired acidophilus, along with some vitamin B compounds I may or may not need, but hey, what can it hurt.

We'll see if it works. Frankly, I don't think there's much that can replace my chewable, blueberry flavored supplements from Hi-Health, but... well. Beggars can't be choosers.

Or, well. Expats can't be choosers, anyway.

Also note the bright pink pair of nail clippers. I did not want a bright pink pair of nail clippers, mind you, but after much searching, they were in fact the cheapest to be found, and at the end of the day, my frugal nature always wins out.

And as a bonus, they have a nail file hidden inside, so they're not so bad.

And finally...


Once again I treat you to my rendition of omuraisu, because, really. There is nothing more delicious looking than a freshly cooked egg.

I mean, come on.

This is Edo, signing off wondering if you can get a placebo effect from supplements... especially supplements in such official looking bottles.

No comments: